Call us now:

Uninsured Driver Claims

Being involved in an accident can have a great impact on your life, both emotionally and financially. This can cause additional strain and worry if the accident you were involved in was caused by an uninsured or unidentified driver. However,  you may still be able to make a claim. Our specialist solicitors are experts in making uninsured or untraced motorist accident claims, and can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Making an Uninsured or Untraced Driver Claim

If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraced driver you may be able to bring a claim against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) is a body funded by Insurers to provide compensation to the victims of road traffic accidents caused by untraced or uninsured motorists.

In order to make a claim with the MIB in relation to damage to your vehicle or damage to your property, you must report the incident to police within five days. This is extended to fourteen days when you have suffered a personal injury. However, if there are circumstances which prevent you from complying with these time limits, you are required only to report the incident to the police as soon as possible.

In addition, you must bring your claim for injury within three years of the accident occurring. During this time you must take care to keep your losses to a minimum. This is known as ‘mitigating’ your loss. It is advisable to keep as much evidence as possible such as a copy of the police report, medical reports and proof of any expenses incurred.

The MIB may award you compensation for pain, suffering and loss of amenity, any treatment or rehabilitation costs and also your legal costs.

Our specialist team at Kerr Brown can deal with all aspects of your claim including:-

  • Personal injury;
  • Rehabilitation – we can arrange physiotherapy or other treatment to assist in your recovery at no cost to you;
  • Treatment costs;
  • Loss of earnings;
  • Recovery of damaged property;
  • Travel costs; and
  • Out of pocket expenses.

Only a specialist personal injury solicitor will be able to advise you fully of all the ways in which you can be compensated. Our expert solicitors have dealt with a great number of uninsured and untraced driver cases and understand how much your claim means to you. Our team are empathetic and professional, seeking to put your mind at ease. We pride ourselves on serving our clients, keeping them updated on the progress of their claim and explaining the process in plain English. If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraced driver, contact us today to find out how we can help.

Contact Kerr Brown Specialist Uninsured Driver Claims Solicitors

For more information about uninsured or untraced accident claims, or for assistance with any other type of claim, please call our friendly team on 01412214880 or start your claim now.